Leaders address issues and propose solutions. As a leader, you’ll need to stay on top of events that may facilitate or hinder productivity. You must create and implement solutions to address these issues. In the Assignment Prep, you chose an organization, described its organizational issue, and identified how it hinders organization efficiency. This assignment exposes you to complex modern organizational challenges. The solutions you devise should reflect your learning and research of organizational and individual influences in the workplace. INSTRUCTIONS The new CEO has selected your consulting firm to provide him/her an analysis of the organizational efficiency. Following SWS standards, write a 2 to 3 page, double-spaced paper in which you will present to the CEO your findings during your research steps. You must propose strategic solutions in your paper to include the following:1.Describe the Organization and the Issue to Resolve Provide a brief description of the organization you selected. Present the organizational issue that adversely affected productivity and that you, the consultant, will review and resolve.2.Analyze Current Corporate Culture○ How has the current corporate culture facilitated the development of the current issue? Research the organization, dig into the culture, and analyze how it contributed to this issue. Hint: Review the mission and vision statements as well as the corporate website.3.Identify Areas of Weakness○ What are the organization’s areas of weakness as they relate to the issue? Use your research on organizational behavior approaches to corporate culture, diversity, teamwork, and motivational strategies to help identify the areas of weakness.4.Propose Solutions○ What organizational practices would you modify? What solutions would you recommend to management that would help solve the identified weaknesses? As a consultant you will identify the suggestions and solutions you would present to the organization’s leadership with regard to modifying current organizational practices to resolve the issue.5.References and Citations○ Provide at least 2 quality resources such as the the course textbook, a company website, business websites (CNBC, Bloomberg, etc.), resources from the Strayer Library, and/or outside sources. Note: Wikipedia and web-based blogs do not qualify as credible resources. You can find in depth and quality company information using the Nexis Uni database through Strayer University Library:https://advance-lexis-com.libdatab.strayer.edu/api/page/nexisuni-business/?primaryipauth=true&context=1516831○In-text citations are required when paraphrasing or quoting another source
Assume that the reader of the paper is a business owner or senior level manager. Your paper should present a clear analytical review of the human resource topic you have chosen. Your paper should include:
a. An introduction and conclusion
b. A clear description of the issue or topic. Explain why the topic is a something worth investigating (you can reference your popular press article here). Present a review of the issue/topic and inform the reader of how it came to be. Describe how the issue/topic matters. Why is it an issue or concern?
c. Compare and contrast the issue using specific information or details (with appropriate sources) from both the manager side and the employee side of the issue. Why would this issue/concern matter to a business? To an employee? What impact would this issue have on the business or on the employee?
d. What action should manager or owners take in regard to this issue/topic to resolve the issue? Use sources throughout this section to justify your thoughts. THIS SECTION SHOULD BE DETAILED and should reference Human Resource centered strategies to address the issue/topic.
The purpose of this paper is for you to identify a current issue or topic in Human Resources that a business in your field or discipline would face. Students are expected to research to learn how to stay current on HR related topics as it is a critical need for a manager, as is the knowledge of how to strategically plan for the Human Resources function.
The paper requires you to develop a clear analysis based on current research of a topic or issue in Human Resources. You want to conduct a scholarly review of the literature, and you must have a minimum of four citations from scholarly sources (see the attached list of sample scholarly sources). Your reference page will include at least 6 total references (4 scholarly sources, the class textbook, the popular press article). Keep in mind that this paper is an analysis of the topic/issue and is not merely a summary of the bibliographic list of resources. Your paper must use scholarly references and it must be written in a narrative format synthesizing the research from your citations, which must be in presented in APA format (this means you need both in text citations and a reference page). The paper should be NO LONGER than 5 pages and include at the least the following:
1. Introduction and Purpose of the Paper
2. General Findings of the Research (including definition of the issue)
3. Business Recommendation (with evidence that the solution recommended is a good one)
5. Reference Page (this is NOT included in the 5 page limit)
What factors contribute to the complexity of international HR management?
Based on your thorough reading of Chapters 13 and 15 ,Answer the following questions.
Question 1: Explain the four steps in the systems model of T&D? Discuss how HRIS applications can assist is carrying out the steps on the systems model.
Question 2: What factors contribute to the complexity of international HR management?
Question 3: Discuss potential solutions for IHRM-HRIS administrative issues.
1-Further research may be used to answer the questions however it must be guided by your reading of the chapter
2.List of References are required.
3.Plagiarism will NOT be tolerated.
4.Format your paper as follows:
• Font: Times New Roman
• Font Size:§ 12
• Margins: Normal
• Line Spacing: 1.5
• Min length: 2 pages
Develop the job title and essential duties for the new position.
Job Description and Justification
As the HR manager for a large healthcare organization, you have been asked to design a new position for an individual contributor, nonclinical department such as Billing, Admitting, or HR. The job should be entry-midlevel and one appropriate for someone with a bachelor’s degree in healthcare administration.
Write a 6–8 page report in which you:
- Develop the job title and essential duties for the new position.
- Write detailed job description suitable for listing on the organization’s website.
- Identify the desired KSAs (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities).
- Explain the required minimum qualifications.
- Describe the steps involved in hiring for this new position.
- Develop salary recommendations.
- Identify a process to identify the most qualified applicants for the position.
Be sure to justify each decision and recommendation you make.
- This course requires use of new Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The format is different from other Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details.
Assignment 2: Leading and Managing the HR Project
Due Week 4 and worth 145 points
Continuing from the previous assignment, it is now important to consider your approach to leading and managing your HR project. Tightly structured projects tend to restrict cross-organizational communication. As such, objectives originate at the top of the project, and are subdivided as they are passed down, resulting in little opportunity for creative contributions. Effective leadership and managing of the project can greatly improve communication and team contributions.
Write a five to six (5-6) page paper in which you:
- Review and understand the types of project manager power listed and defined in the textbook and select and define any two (2) you feel would be relevant to your current project and explain why. Be specific.
- Identify and briefly discuss a minimum of four (4) outcomes (possible issues) resulting from managing projects and address how you might resolve the issues. Be clear with your rationale.
- Discuss some increased challenges a project manager may face when leading virtual or global project teams. Recommend a few strategies to deal with the challenges.
- Identify and explain your overall plan for communication management during the project. The plan must be comprehensive and at a minimum address (1) structure, (2) purpose, (3) method, and (4) timing.
- Go to http://research.strayer.edu to locate at least three (3) quality academic (peer-reviewed) resources in this assignment.
Your assignment must:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Assess organizational strategies that contribute to effective project management of human resources.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in managing human resource projects.
- Write clearly and concisely about managing human resource projects using proper writing mechanics.
Click here to view the rubric for this assignment.
Review the following lectures:
- The Evolving Employee-Employer Relationship
- Workplace Torts
Before beginning work on this discussion forum, please review the link Doing Discussion Questions Right, the expanded grading rubric for the forum below, and any specific instructions for this topic.
Before the end of the week, begin commenting on at least two of your classmates’ responses. You can ask technical questions or respond generally to the overall experience. Be objective, clear, and concise. Always use constructive language, even in criticism, to work toward the goal of positive progress. Submit your responses in the Discussion Area.
Choose one of the following discussion questions.
Discussion Question 1
- Identify and discuss one exception to the employment-at-will doctrine.
Discussion Question 2
- Describe one commonly found workplace tort and provide a current news story detailing a successfully brought suit for the tort selected.
To support your work, use your course and textbook readings and also use the South University Online Library. As in all assignments, cite your sources in your work and provide references for the citations in APA format.
Your initial posting should be addressed in 500–1000 words as noted in the attached PDF. Submit your document to this Discussion Area by the due date assigned. Be sure to cite your sources using APA format.
Review the following lecture:
- Privacy Rights in the Workplace
The project assignment provides a forum for analyzing and evaluating relevant topics for this week on the basis of the course competencies covered.
Major areas where an employer is likely to risk liability for invading the privacy of its employees in private (non-government) workplaces include the following:
- Surveillance and eavesdropping
- Monitoring and reviewing computer information and use
- Requests for information from third parties, particularly job reference requests
- Requests for medical information
- Maintenance of personnel files
- Drug testing of potential or current employees
Select one of the potential liability risks from the list above and complete the following:
- Analyze in detail the risk you chose.
- Identify and describe a current news event related to the risk.
- Examine a strategy that employers use to avoid being sued for the risk.
- Evaluate the ethical balance between employee rights and employer needs regarding the risk.
To support your work, use your course and text readings and also use the South University Online Library. As in all assignments, cite your sources in your work and provide references for the citations in APA format.
- Create a 3–4 page Microsoft Word document.
- Name your file as SU_HRM5020_W1_Project_LastName_FirstName.doc.
In this SLP you will identify where the major transportation modes are used in the EESC from SLP3: rail, inland water, ocean steamer, and/or OTR.
There are five basic transportation modes: rail, inland water ways, ocean, over-the-road, and air. We will not be concerned about air transport in this SLP as it is the least used and most expensive in general supply chain transportation.
Review and read these resources on these three transportation modes: rail, inland water, and OTR. Ocean is not included in these readings since it is mainly used for importing and exporting. This will be covered in more detail in LOG502. But you are asked to identify where ocean transport is used, but not in detail.
RESOURCES – SEE SLP 3 RESOURCES IN BACKGROUND PAGE
Session Long Project
Review the EESC from SLP2. Identify in the EESC where each of the four modes of transportation are used: rail, inland water, ocean, and OTR. You can use topic headings for each mode. Identify the materials being transported from which industry to which industry. Discuss why this mode is being used and what the costs are on a per ton-mile basis.
SLP Assignment Expectations
The paper should include:
- Background: Briefly review and discuss the targeted product, company, and industry
- Diagram: Include the diagram of the EESC
- Transportation Discussion: Discuss each of the four transportation modes (rail, inland water, ocean, OTR) in the EESC and where each one is used. Discuss why this mode is used and the costs of using.
- Clarity and Organization: The paper should be well organized and clearly discuss the various topics and issues in depth and breadth.
- Use of references and citations: at least six (6) proper references should be used correctly, cited in the text, and listed in the references using proper APA format.
- Length: The paper should be three to four pages – the body of the paper excluding title page and references page.
NOTE: You can use the transportation resources. You should also do independent research and find at least two additional appropriate references, for a total of at least six.
American Society of Civil Engineers. (2014). Report card for America’s infrastructure. Infrastructure Report Card. Retrieved from http://www.infrastructurereportcard.org/fact-sheet/inland-waterways
Texas Transportation Institute. (2009). A Modal Comparison Of Domestic Freight Transportation Effects On The General Public, retrieved from http://www.nationalwaterwaysfoundation.org/study/FinalReportTTI.pdf
U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. (2014). The U.S. Waterway System, Transportation Facts & Information; Navigation Center. Retrieved from http://www.navigationdatacenter.us/factcard/factcard12.pdf
Bureau of Transportation Statistics (Rail), retrieved from https://www.bts.gov/topics/rail
USDOT (2012). Freight rail: data & resources. Retrieved on 20 Sep 2016 from https://www.fra.dot.gov/Page/P0365
American Association of Railroads. Retrieved from https://www.aar.org/
American Association of Railroads. Railroad Data Center, retrieved from https://www.aar.org/data-center/
American Association of Railroads. (2019). Freight Rail Stories. Retrieved from https://www.aar.org/freight-rail-stories
Over the Road Trucking (OTR)
American Trucking Association (2015). Retrieved from http://www.trucking.org/
ATA (2016). Reports, trends & statistics. Retrieved on 20 Sep 2016 from http://www.trucking.org/News_and_Information_Reports.aspx
Center for Climate & Energy Solutions. Freight Transportation Comparison, retrieved from http://www.c2es.org/technology/factsheet/FreightTransportation
If you were developing a research study that was studying a prevalent crime phenomenon in your community, what crime phenomenon would you measure, how would you measure that crime phenomenon, and how would you ensure the validity and reliability of the measures that you use in your study?
REPLY TO MY CLASSMATE’S RESPONSE TO THE ABOVE QUESTION AND EXPLAIN WHY YOU AGREE? (A MINIMUM OF 150 WORDS or MORE)
The Harrisburg, Pennsylvania area has one of the highest violent crime rates in the United States. These crimes include rape, murder, aggravated assault, and robbery. As with any study or research, data needs to be obtained and measured. The data collected is the instrument used to measure the results and for this discussion board I will choose murder as the prevalent crime. In remaining consistent with the types of crimes committed in the community I would use the Uniform Crime Report (UCR) as an arbitrary scale. The UCR index covers crimes that are serious and are fairly accurate in their reporting (Hagan, 2014).
To ensure validity and reliability of the study a test measurement will be implemented. One test will measure crime rate data over a period of time, for instance murder rates over the past decade. For instance, murder rates compared over the decade versus that in comparison to nationwide statistics. This comparison should prove that the data is consistent, thus, reliable. To determine the validity and framed in the form of an arbitrary scale, data will be obtained via a questionnaire of residents within city limits. This questionnaire would reach all persons of varying social classes. The resulting compilation of data would indicate if education, income, or occupation has bearing on the murder rates in comparison to national statistics, primarily, cities of similar size and social class makeup.
Hagan, F. E. (2014). Research methods in criminal justice and criminology (9th ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall.
Write a 3–5 page evaluation of the leadership styles and characteristics of effective leaders, based on a leader you admire and on leadership approaches addressed in a provided illustration.
Becoming an effective leader is a very personal and individual experience. Each great leader carries out his or her leadership practices differently. Yet, several common leadership styles and characteristics of effective leaders have been identified through the study and theories of leadership.
Questions to Consider
As you prepare to complete this assessment, you may want to think about other related issues to deepen your understanding or broaden your viewpoint. You are encouraged to consider the questions below and discuss them with a fellow learner, a work associate, an interested friend, or a member of your professional community. Note that these questions are for your own development and exploration and do not need to be completed or submitted as part of your assessment.
- Which leader has had the most positive influence in your daily life?
- In what ways has this person contributed to your life?
For this assessment, consider that you recently applied, and were selected, for a promotion to an executive level position in your organization. The organization’s HR department conducts management training sessions periodically as needed for employees recently promoted into senior manager or executive level positions. The organization’s HR team places a high value on leadership skills and emphasizes that as part of the management training sessions. You and other new senior managers are scheduled to attend one of those training sessions. In preparation, each attendee was asked to analyze and write a short paper about leadership styles and characteristics of effective leaders. During the management training session, the papers written by participants will be distributed and reviewed.
To complete this assessment:
- Review the Leadership Styles and Characteristics multimedia piece linked in the Resources.
- Select a leader you admire from a for-profit or nonprofit organization you know well. This should be an organization you have a positive perception of, such as an organization for which you might someday aspire to be a leader. Examine and reflect on your chosen leader’s leadership styles and characteristics as defined in the multimedia piece.
Analyze the leadership styles and characteristics of effective leaders. In your analysis, address the following:
- Briefly describe the organization of the leader you selected and the type of products or service it provides. You should briefly include additional key organizational information, such as size, years in operation, location, and reputation.
- Evaluate the leadership styles and characteristics of the leader whom you admire. In your evaluation, explain how these leadership styles and characteristics can determine effective leadership.
- Compare and evaluate your own leadership styles and characteristics to those of the leader you admire, and identify what is necessary for effective leadership.
- Evaluate how environmental and societal factors such as politics and innovation might influence your approach to leadership at this organization. How might these and other factors affect the way you lead? Would there be differences in your leadership style if this were a different type of organization?
- Evaluate how economic conditions might influence your leadership style. Would your leadership style change during the time of a strong economy? Would your leadership style change during the time of a declining economy? Would your leadership style change if you were leading an organization through different maturation phases (including start-up, growth, and establishment)?
Given the intended audience for your paper, it should be well organized and written in clear, succinct language. It should be approximately 3–ï»¿5 pages in length. Follow APA rules for attributing sources that support your analysis and conclusions.
Leadership Styles and Characteristics Scoring Guide
Analyze leadership styles and characteristics to determine effective leadership.
Does not describe leadership styles and characteristics to determine effective leadership.
Describes leadership styles and characteristics of effective leadership, but does not explain their significance.
Analyzes leadership styles and characteristics to determine effective leadership.
Evaluates leadership styles and characteristics of effective leadership and provides relevant support for conclusions.
Compare individual leadership styles and characteristics to identify what is necessary for effective leadership.
Does not describe individual leadership styles and characteristics to identify what is necessary for effective leadership.
Describes individual leadership styles and characteristics to identify what is necessary for effective leadership, but does not explain their differences.
Compares individual leadership styles and characteristics to identify what is necessary for effective leadership.
Compares and evaluates individual leadership styles and characteristics to identify what is necessary for effective leadership.
Analyze the environmental and societal factors that influence leadership style.
Does not describe the environmental and societal factors that influence leadership style.
Describes the environmental and societal factors that influence leadership style, but does not explain their significance.
Analyzes the environmental and societal factors that influence leadership style.
Evaluates how environmental and societal factors influence leadership style and provides relevant support for conclusions.
Analyze the economic conditions that influence leadership style.
Does not describe the economic conditions that influence leadership style.
Describes the economic conditions that influence leadership style, but does not explain their differences.
Analyzes the economic conditions that influence leadership style.
Evaluates how economic conditions influence leadership style and provides relevant support for conclusions.