Component #1- Apply for a job
- Print a job advertisement for a position you are qualified for. You can find the advertisement in a newspaper, online, or in the career center. You should include a copy of this advertisement in your project.
- Prepare your resume tailored to this position. It is very important that your resume be aligned with the position requirements.
- Write a cover letter to apply for this position.
Component #2- Construct an interview
- Write 3 Behavioral Interviewing questions that you would likely be asked in an interview. Your questions must be written in the behavioral interviewing format- i.e. “Give me an example of a time…..”. Remember, Behavioral Interviewing is a unique type of interviewing where the interviewer is asking for specific examples of past behavior.
- Provide answers for each of your behavioral interview questions.
Component #3- Describe the Selection Process
- As the Hiring Manager for this position, describe the selection process. Include all the steps in the selection process which the company should follow to make a final offer.