Topic: For this essay, you will write a focused argument on your assigned topic. By “focused” I mean NO STATEMENTS OF INTENT (“In this essay I will…” or “This essay discusses…”)! You must assert a point/idea/stance in the thesis statement, which will come at the end of your introduction.
• You must have ONLY four or five body paragraphs (for a total of six or seven paragraphs). Focus your thesis in a way that allows you to exhaust your point in that much space.
• You must reference each of THREE of your sources as a quote and as a paraphrase in the essay. Note that you are arguing a point and NOT simply summarizing the sources (you already did that in the Annotated Bib), so you cannot simply dedicate one paragraph to each source.
• Your topic sentences must reflect aspects of your argument.
• You must use proper APA signal phrases and in-text citation, and you must include a References page at the end of the essay that includes the three sources you’ve used in the essay.
When I grade the final draft, I’ll particularly note the following:
• The quality of your thesis and topic sentences and whether you’ve used them to build the essay,
• Your success incorporating the outside sources (both the quality of the quotes/paraphrases and the correctness of your APA),
• How well you have invited a reader into your topic in the introduction and how well you have left your reader thinking in the conclusion,
• Your mastery of Standard Written English (yep–the grammar stuff).
I decided that my topic is “Healthiest kind of exercise to do because of Covid-19”